Welcome to our Special Educational Needs and Additional Learning Needs Services.
Our dedicated Education Law solicitors provide legal support to parents and caregivers of children and young people with SEN/ALN.
We understand the unique approach it takes to unlock the potential of children with SEN/ALN. Many children and young people are left without the support they are entitled to throughout their educational journey. Imagine the difference it could make if your child had access to the right resources and education. With the right legal advice, we can help ensure they get the support they deserve.
Our experience in all aspects of Education Law puts us in a strong position to offer practical and informed advice on any challenges you face. We represent parents and children throughout England and Wales. We do not act for Local Authorities. If your child has special educational needs, it is vital that they receive the support and provision they need for their education. Getting legal advice can often make the difference.
Special Educational Needs – we can help with the following SEND Tribunal cases:
- Refusal to undertake an Education, Health and Care Needs (EHC) Assessment
- Refusal to issue an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP)
- Appeal against a decision to cease to maintain an EHCP
- Appealing the contents of the EHCP (including Sections B, F and I)
- School disability discrimination
Additional Learning Needs – we can help with a number of cases with the Education Tribunal for Wales including:
- Against decisions made that a student does not have ALN and not entitled to an Individual Development Plan (IDP)
- Refusal to assess a student’s need for an IDP
- The description of the student’s ALN and additional learning provision (ALP) required to meet their needs
- The school named in the IDP
- A decision not to revise an IDP
- A decision made by the LA not to take responsibility for the IDP
- A decision to cease maintaining an IDP
- Disability discrimination at School
Our aim is to offer timely support to help you successfully navigate the system and secure the ideal outcome for your child. Contact us today for a free initial consultation.