Complex & Industrial Accidents

What is an industrial accident?

Some jobs and workplaces are more dangerous than others.

Industrial plants, construction sites, oil rigs, wind farms, or working offshore at sea are all sites that can pose serious risks to employees due to the heavy and dangerous equipment they must work with every day.  No matter where you work on one of these sites, you can submit an industrial accident claim if you were injured in the line of duty and due to no fault of yours.  Common industrial accident injuries are overexertion, falling from a height, exposure to harmful substances and trips, slips and falls.

At Robertsons Solicitors, we have years of training and experience in complex and industrial accidents. As a result, we know how to get you the best settlement amount.   

Your employer was supposed to protect you, and if they didn’t, we (as your solicitors) would pursue the compensation you deserve.  Employers must provide workers with safe working conditions, proper training for heavy machinery use, personal protective equipment, and appropriate and timely equipment safety testing.

We have an impressive track record, and therefore we are the law firm of choice for personal injury services across England and Wales. 

Industrial Accident Claims FAQs

Employers must provide safe systems within the working environment, minimize risk, provide adequate equipment for employees, training, supervision, and competent co-workers. If they lack in one of these and an accident happens, you might be entitled to an industrial accident benefit.

Industrial accident claims come down to whether the employer is at fault and failed his employees.

At Robertsons, we have an excellent knowledge of workplace law and regulations. As a result, we can advise you about the viability of your claim and the likelihood of it being successful.

With our backing, you’ll feel confident in bringing a claim for compensation to help fund your loss of income or rehabilitation after an industrial accident.

If you suffered a complex workplace accident or an accident in an industrial setting, it is crucial to report it if you want to claim compensation somewhere down the line.    Seek medical attention and ask for a copy of the medical report.

You must report the accident to your employer. If you cannot do so due to your injuries, someone else must report the accident as soon as possible.

In the case of serious injury, the accident must be reported according to RIDDOR regulations.   Speak to one of our personal injury solicitors if you need help.

This will depend on the complexity of your case and how much evidence and eyewitnesses there are.   Your claim can also be settled once your employer or insurance company offers you a settlement.  For some, this happens early in the process.

At Robertsons Solicitors, we offer a no-win, no-fee arrangement. So, if we can't get you compensation, you won't be responsible for any fee.

Our Expert Team

Our expertise is how we maintain our strong reputation as a law firm.

Meet The Personal Injury Team